ESTRATEGIES FOR INCLUSION IN EDUCATION AND CONFLICT PREVENTION: GENDER EQUALITY AND GENDER AND SEXUAL-AFFECTIVE DIVERSITY
VENUE: CEP de Jaén
DATES: 27th , 28th , 29th
TIME: From 17:00 to 20:00.
This activity gives answer to the needs detected from the Equality Commission, in the schools belonging to our Teaching Training Centre (CEP JAÉN). We tend to improve the inclusion in schools and prevent conflicts.
This is a provincial activity, and also part of the work in the ERASMUS + KA201, in which five institutions related to education from all over Europe will take part.
We would like to offer teachers the resources to deal with normalization, inclusive context and conflict prevention in two different areas: gender and sexual affective equality.
- To identify the four elements that conform human beings in terms of sexual diversity.
- To define transexuality.
- To understand the mechanisms that lead to LGTBI phobia in order to prevent them.
- Strategies to visualize family diversity.
- To detect “micromachismos” or invisible sexist behavior.
- To understand the value of the language we use to communicate to avoid discrimination.
- Gender: Born or developed?
- To raise awareness, training and resposibility in the education community in terms of genger equality, coeducation and gender-based violence prevention.
- To know how art can build up coeducation values.
- To implement new approaches to work on the new masculine roles in gender perspective.
SESSIÓN 1: 27TH JANUARY 2020.
PART I: Reality LGBTI and education system.
– 4 elements in sexual diversity: biology, sexual-genetic identity, sexual orientation, and gender expression.
– Transexuality. How to recognise it in the classroom.
– Gender identity Protocol in Consejería de Educación de la Junta de Andalucía.
– Second Strategic Plan for Gender Equality in Education.
PART II: LGBTI phobia, emotional intelligence and IKI-GAI.
– LGBTI phobia: traditional male identities, fear and violence.
– Emotional intelligence: alert state and happiness.
– IKIGAI: educate for life purposes.
PART III: Inclusive teaching practices: family diversity, gender identities and sexual orientation.
SESSION 2: 28TH JANUARY 2020:
– New masculine identities to get gender equality awareness.
– Origin and history of feminism and co-education.
– Coexistence and non- equality relations.
– The Language for equality in communication.
– “Micromachismos” or invisible sexist behaviour.
– Coeducation for equality.
SESSION 3: 29TH JANUARY 2020
– Visual, plastic and musical arts as a cross-cutting issue to generate new ways to build up coeducation values.